If you’re paleo, you might become slightly obsessed with this quick plantain chip recipe. It has an uncanny resemblance to your average potato chip, but believe it or not, are infinitely healthier! You’re also making them in the comfort of your very own kitchen, so you’ll know exactly what’s in them! These chips pair perfectly with guacamole or salsa. Additionally, by substituting sea salt seasoning for chipotle powder or paprika you can spice these babies up a bit!
- 2 green plantains, peeled
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Peel each plantain. Firstly, cut off the ends and scoring the plantain skin lengthwise in several places, then peel.
- Secondly, take each peeled plantain and cut diagonally into thin slices.
- Then heat up a shallow layer of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully place the slices in the hot oil without overcrowding the pan. The slices should gently sizzle and move around if the temperature’s right.
- Fry the slices two minutes or less per side. When they turn a golden color and have a little brown around the edges, take them off the heat.
- Remove chips with a spatula or perforated spoon and place on paper towels to drain
- Finally, immediately salt chips after removal to assure the salt sticks to the chips.
- To ensure maximum crunch, consume straight away! Also be careful not to burn your mouth.
Featured Image Source: meatified.com
Sourced from: www.paleonewbie.com